Welcome to the Primary Care medical practice of Dr. Laura Figoski located in the Castro district of San Francisco.
I offer natural, holistic, and integrative medical care for all in the heart of San Francisco. I am seeking motivated individuals who are ready to make real and sustainable changes to their health. In particular, my focus is on patients with Heart Disease and Diabetes. more details
Some of my Practice Principles:
- Spend the time to listen and converse with you as a full and valuable human being.
- Make sure I answer your questions and teach you about how to best care for yourself.
- Support you on your journey of health.
- Build bridges with other health practitioners in order to provide you with the best care possible.
Naturopathic Medicine can be a little difficult to summarize; and it can mean different things to different people. Here are a few highlights about my particular approach:
- I am not a “touchy-feely” hippy. I am a scientifically trained doctor, with years of clinical medical experience and academic biochemistry research.
- I am not “anti”-drugs or “anti”-conventional medical care. I understand that all practitioners have a role to play. Naturopathy has a role, just like surgery has a role. It is my preference to exhaust natural approaches before turning to more invasive routes, but also recognize that sometimes the situation is severe enough that substantial medical intervention is required initially. I am happy to refer between appropriate practitioners and co-manage as necessary.
- I use nutrition, lifestyle modifications, botanicals, homeopathy and stress/emotional management techniques as my primary tools.
- I whole heartedly believe that mind and body are inseparable. That one cannot heal with out addressing the other. Feeling are good, but feelings are hard.
- Some might call it “alternative” medicine, but I like to think of it as good common sense.